Signare Tapestry Almond Blossom and Swallow Shopper Bag
From Signare Tapestry sturdily made shopper bag for a busy day at the shops; with ample room provided for your goods. Features the gorgeous Almond Blossom and Swallow pattern by designer Walter Crane:
- Pair of full width pockets located on both sides of the shopper; one is fastened with a zip and the other with Velcro's for a stylish variation and easy access.
- Lined with patterned nylon on the inside and features zip pocket for belongings.
- Top of the bag is gusseted with the tapestry material and has zip fastening across the full width, with Velcro's fasteners for extra security.
- Two grab handles for carriage.
- Reinforced base for extra support.
- Mesh pocket at one end of the bag, ideal storage for a water bottle or umbrella.
Size: 31 x 30 x 13.5 cm, weight 450 g. Made in the UK.
Made from 100% polyester. Spot clean with a damp cloth.
Walter Crane (1845 – 1915) was a British artist and book illustrator. Crane’s vivid imagination was well suited to children’s books, where he could apply his imagination to illustrate children’s nursery rhymes and fairy tales in short, inexpensive picture books referred to as Toy Books (popular in the Victorian era) for Routledge Publishing. Crane illustrated thirty-seven toy books over the next ten years, earning him the title “academician of the nursery,” and effectively pigeon-holing his artistic style as that of a children’s book illustrator. Crane’s most famous work is often considered to be the illustrations he created for Edmund Spenser’s 16th century epic poem, The Faerie Queene (originally published 1590). The design elements of the Arts and Crafts Movement clearly influenced Crane’s style in these illustrations where he looked to the English Gothic style for inspiration, viewing it as an honest time where the artists were craftsmen, and the craftsmen were artists.