Seaweed Hot Cold Vacuum Bottle
Each year, billions of single use plastic water bottles end up as landfill. This fabulous new William Morris Hot/ Cold vacuum bottle offers a functional and beautiful alternative. Features the Seaweed design by John Henry Dearle for Morris & Co.
- Reddot award winning design
- double alled for insulated comfort
- keeps hot/cold for up to 12 hours
- rubberised anti-slip base
- comfortable silicon carry strap
- 0.5L capacity
- stainless steel
- high resolution reproduction of Seaweed design licensed by the William Morris Gallery
- height 23cm, Bottom Diameter 7cm
- cuts daily consumer waste
- Hand wash. Not microwave safe.
The Seaweed pattern was designed as a wallpaper by John Henry Dearle for Morris & Co. in the late C19th. Dearle began his long employment with Morris & Co working as a teenager in the firm's Oxford Street shop. William Morris took him under his wing and trained him to work firstly in the stain glass and then as his tapestry assistant. By the early 1880s, Dearle was responsible for training tapestry assistants for the firm. His natural aptitude for design then lead him to becoming, alongside May Morris, the key designer for embroidery patterns at Morris & Co. After the death of William Morris, Dearle became Art Director of Morris & Co.